1/3 Photos of Supremes De Volaille Queen Elizabeth (Stuffed Chicken Breasts)
Something a little different to do with chicken breasts, fancy enough for company, but not too time consuming for a weeknight. I would serve with wild rice and a nice veg, maybe asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 slices ham, cooked
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 egg, lighlt beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1Butterfly the breasts, spread open, and pound to 1/2-inch thickness.Top each breast with slice ham and slice cheese, tucking in any protruding ends.
- 2Brush the edges of each breast with egg, fold in half and seal in the ham and cheese. (save remaining egg).
- 3Pat the outside of the chicken dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat 2 Tbsp butter in skillet over med-high until the foam subsides. Meanwhile, brush more egg onto the seam of each breast. then dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
- 5Saute chicken, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes each side. Remove from skillet, cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 6Add remaining Tbsp butter to skillet and saute mushrooms and shallot, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine to deglaze the pan. And cook till reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add cream and simmer, stirring occasionallt, until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- 8Stir in any juices that have accumulated on the chicken plate, and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve chicken topped with sauce, garnish with chopped flat-leaf parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Supremes De Volaille Queen Elizabeth (Stuffed Chicken Breasts)
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.0
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 275.8 mg
- Sodium 1421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: