Recipe by JoyfulCook
Oh so simple - with a wonderful flavor of the onion and pork - just like I remember as a child
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe JoyfulCook. We really enjoyed these little treats. I made them for a neighbor for his birthday and they were enjoyed by all. Made them smaller, so they could just be popped in your mouth. Simple, quick and easy to make, with great results. I used hot italian sausage and italian breadcrumbs, they worked great in your recipe.
- 500 g sausage meat, course ground
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 500 g puff pastry, ready made
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre Heat the oven to 220c
- place the sausage meat into a large mixing bowl, add half the egg, the diced onion, bread-crumbs (put in more if you feel you want the meat firmer) and seasoning, and mix well with your hands.
- Roll out the pastry thinly. Shape the sausage meat by taking a handful and rolling it between your hands a bit - and placing a long line across pastry.
- Roll up over the meat and cut the pastry to give an overlap, brush that part with a little water, roll completely, and slightly flatten.
- continue to do this until all the meat and pastry has been used.
- Cut up carefully into the desired length.
- Glaze the top with the rest of the beaten egg, and snip twice with a pair of kitchen scissors to vent them.
- Cook in hot oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wonderful for Parties, lunches, school lunch. Picnics.
- Lovely Hot or cold.