Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh so simple - with a wonderful flavor of the onion and pork - just like I remember as a child
- 500 g sausage meat, course ground
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 500 g puff pastry, ready made
- Pre Heat the oven to 220c
- place the sausage meat into a large mixing bowl, add half the egg, the diced onion, bread-crumbs (put in more if you feel you want the meat firmer) and seasoning, and mix well with your hands.
- Roll out the pastry thinly. Shape the sausage meat by taking a handful and rolling it between your hands a bit - and placing a long line across pastry.
- Roll up over the meat and cut the pastry to give an overlap, brush that part with a little water, roll completely, and slightly flatten.
- continue to do this until all the meat and pastry has been used.
- Cut up carefully into the desired length.
- Glaze the top with the rest of the beaten egg, and snip twice with a pair of kitchen scissors to vent them.
- Cook in hot oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wonderful for Parties, lunches, school lunch. Picnics.
- Lovely Hot or cold.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe JoyfulCook. We really enjoyed these little treats. I made them for a neighbor for his birthday and they were enjoyed by all. Made them smaller, so they could just be popped in your mouth. Simple, quick and easy to make, with great results. I used hot italian sausage and italian breadcrumbs, they worked great in your recipe.
Excellent. They were gone in minutes and were really very easy to prepare. I will make them again and I will double the recipe for sure. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
Good thing I doubled this recipe though I must have made mine with a bit too much filling as I got 40, baked at 200C fan forced oven for 15 minutes. Sent them the next day to the DS's music recreation group were they were much appreciated, they heated some up as it was a cold wet day so these were perfect but some did not make it to the oven as they were wanted now but declared equally good hot or cold. Thank you Joy, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.