Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice brunch treat! Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
- 20 links sausages
- 14 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- paprika (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Brown and drain sausages.
- Cut into chunks.
- Trim crusts from bread and butter one side of each lightly.
- Layer half of the bread in a 9"x13" casserole.
- Sprinkle on 1 c shredded cheese and the sausage.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- Mix together eggs, milk, dry mustard and remaining 1/2 c cheese.
- Pour over bread and chill several hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes til knife comes out clean.
- During the last 10 minutes or so of baking, mix sauce ingredients together in sauce pan well and stir over med heat until warm.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with paprika.
- Serve with sauce.
This got rave reviews from my family! As a weight watchers points follower, I opted for a few less points, but the troops said 5 stars! I did use cream of mushroom and cheddar cheese soup instead of the cream of chicken, but only because that was what I had. I think it would be great either way. Thanks so much for an excellent casserole recipe!