Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe of Rachael Rays that I saw her make on her show ! Looked good & easy and it was! When I made it I added more spices & doubled my dressing! Thats what makes it a great recipe because it like a pizza you can add anything you want to it !
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, casing removed & cut into small dice
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese or 1 lb fresh smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- 20 leaves fresh basil, cooked, cool under cold water, then drain
- 1 lb pasta, cook and cool, I use bowties
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella, basil & pasta in a big bowl.
- Whisk garlic salt,oregano or Italian seasoning, tomato paste & vinegar together.
- Stream in extra-virgin olive oil while continuing to whisk dressing.
- When oil is incorporated, pour dressing over pasta salad.
- Then toss salad to coat evenly.