Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids love this salad. Makes a nice, cool summer lunch. You can leave out the olives and peppers if desired.
- 8 ounces mafalda pasta or 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 " cubes
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing (or more or less, depending on desired moistness)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dressing. Toss to mix well.
- Gradually pour in salad dressing. Toss to coat well.
I will definitely be making this again, it was so delicious. I had to make minor changes, I left out the olives because I didn't have any. I also didn't have cubed mozzarella cheese so I used shredded cheddar cheese instead.
Fabulous, we loved it! We are having a bit of a heat wave here in Southern Ontario so I was looking for dishes that keep the kitchen cool. This is a great salad as a side dish or even a main meal. I served it as a side to BBQ sausages and it was a hit! I substituted the ham to salami out of necessity, but because salami is strong I only used 1/4 Cup. I also reduced the dressing to about 1/2 Cup which worked out fine. I used Italian Salad Dressing for the dressing as it is my favourite. I will be putting this in my "favourites" file. Thx so much Parsley for sharing!
Very good. I made this last night and let it sit. I am now enjoying it for lunch. Followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the onion and I used shredded mozzarella cheese instead of cubed as that is what I had on hand. I also used Kraft Zesty Italian as that is what I had.