Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From TOH, they sound yummy AND kid friendly! I leave out the green peppers because we don't like them,. but you could use whatever pizza topping your family likes.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese or 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, olives, pepperoni, tomato paste, and seasonings. Cover and pulse just until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl, stir in bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes over medium heat on each side, or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear. Serve pm buns with the cheese and pizza sauce. Add extra toppings as desired.
These were fantastic!!! Great flavor, and moist! I only left out the green peppers, personal choice. Everything else went in! Thank you for sharing this great burger!
very good! nice change from the usual. loved all the topping goodies in the meat, made for a great flavour and the pizza sauce on top was a great finish. I do not have a food processor so i used my blender, it worked quite well, but the stuff was probably not ground quite as small. had to leave out the mushrooms, had none and i used cheddar sharp . I will be making these again, thanks for posting.