Recipe by aHardDaysNight
An Italian pasta salad with meat, cheese, veggies. Try switching out different ingredients, I usually use what I have on hand, so the recipe changes a bit, but this is my favorite version. I like it better when the veggies are chopped small. It takes a long time to chop up the veggies, so sometimes I like to throw them in the food processor and pulse them a few times. Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) packageal dente cooked pasta, chilled (I use tri-color rotini)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, cubed OR
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesmall marinated fresh mozzarella balls in oil (I use pearlini)
- 1 cup salami, cubed OR
- 1 cup pepperoni, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (I use Good Seasonings Zesty Italian Salad Dressing that I make myself with red wine vinegar and oliv)
- 1⁄4 cup McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salad dressing with seasoning.
- Place pasta, vegetables, cheese and meat in large salad bowl. Add dressing and seasoning; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until ready to serve. (I ALWAYS refrigerate overnight-its better the next day.) Toss before serving.
- (For the pasta, I cook to al dente, and rinse thoroughly with cold water to chill.).