- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, large and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes and carrots in a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and reduce heat to simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Drain and keep 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Mash the potatoes and carrots with a hand masher.
- Combine chicken broth and butter in a small pan; heat over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Slowly stir broth mixture into the mashed potatoes and carrots.
- If nacessary, add the reserved cooking liquid until the potatoes reach the desired thickness. Server while hot.