Recipe by Wineaux
This is a different type of spaghetti that I got from Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook. It's a nice change from tomato-based recipes and we enjoy it because it is! A few hot pepper flakes give it a little zing. Use salt to your own taste and enjoy!
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces other pastas
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach or 1 lb broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, microwave the frozen or broccoli to thaw and cook, about 4 minutes on high power (or steam until just cooked.
- Transfer to a blender and add the milk, garlic, butter and salt(if using).
- Puree and pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Toss and sprinkle with parmeasan.