Recipe by JoAnn
By cooking garlic cloves and potatoes together you get a nice easy way to get a taste of garlic. Make potatoes as dense or creamy as you like by adjusting milk.
Top Review by J e l i s a
This is probably the best mashed potato I've ever had. It was so creamy and flavorful. Instead of using milk and butter, I substituted w/chicken broth and cream of chicken respectively. I may add a little more garlic next time for a little extra kick. Thank you :-)
- 6 -8 potatoes, washed,peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk, or more if needed
- 3 cloves garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes and the garlic cloves together.
- When tender, mash with potato masher and add butter.
- Mash some more, add sour cream and enough of milk to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with a sprinkling of paprika and parsley flakes.