Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Iowa Egg Council. The combination of the veggies, eggs and seasonings is really good plus it is a lower fat than the other egg salad recipes I have PLUS, I love the crunchy texture.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Combine eggs, zucchini, carrots, celery, and green onion in bowl; set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and seasonings until thoroughly blended.
- Combine cream cheese mixture and egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve on split hard rolls, bagels, whole wheat or white bread slices, or croissants.
Yes LOVE the crunch, GREAT for brekkie, brunch or lunch! LOVE is healthy as can be! SO glad I found this recipe! THANKS!