Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is undoubtedly the best lime mold salad/dessert I've ever had, and my family has come to expect it for part of our Xmas dinner. You may use jelly from Australia or flavored gelatin from other countries as a substitution for American jello, adjusting the sugar to taste.
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces pineapple, diced (If using canned, be sure to drain well)
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, diced into very small pieces
- 8 -10 drops green food coloring, more for a darker green color
- butter (to butter the mold)
- Whip the cream with a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Dissolve the jello in 1 cup very hot water.
- Add the cream cheese and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add pineapple and cherries and mix.
- Add the mayonnaise and whipped cream and mix.
- Add nuts and green food coloring.
- Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Butter a ring mold or Tupperware mold.
- When mixture begins to set, then pour it all into the mold or into small, individual dessert bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate until firmly set.
Oh my...this is wonderful. What a great jello mold. Everyone love it and the combination of ingredients put it over the top. I used walnuts instread of pecans (what I alread had on hand). Loved the crunch of the walnuts and the fresh taste of the pineapple. This is a winner, Stella Mae.
There had been a lot of talk on the boards prior to Christmas about jelly molds, I liked the sound of this one and I knew my family all liked the ingredients listed so gave it a go. I used my tupperware mold with the Christmas tree insert. It tasted great and looked really pretty. It was a new taste for us all but everyone agreed it got 2 thumbs up. Thanks for sharing.