Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delightful, filling, fast and inexpensive dinner
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces tuna, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, cooked
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 8 pieces toast, buttered
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, melt butter and add flour to make a roux.
- Lower heat and slowly add milk whisking constantly, to desired consistency.
- Add peas, tuna, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, lemon, stir until mixed and creamy.
- Add cream cheese, stir until melted.
- Add sliced eggs, gently fold into mixture and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Make buttered toast. Put two pieces of toast on each plate, and ladle tuna mixture on top.