Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is not low-fat, as you can see, but it is delicious. The sauce is wonderful over mashed potatoes or rice.
- 1 jar dried beef
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 -8 slices lean bacon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- Heat oven to 350.
- Layer dried beef slices over the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan.
- Lay chicken breasts over the beef slices.
- Arrange the strips of bacon over the chicken, making sure to cover the chicken completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream of mushroom soup and the sour cream together.
- Blend well.
- Pour the soup mixture over the top of the bacon, and spread to cover entirely.
- (There will be significant juices and fat in the pan- do not drain- the soup will combine with the juices to make the sauce).
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until the chicken is very tender and the sauce is browned on top.
- Cut into serving portions.
My family thought I was the bomb the night I made this, especially my 2 year old. The only thing I did different was slightly pre-cooked my bacon in the microwave and poured my drippings onto the bacon and raw chicken.
This dish is exceptional!!
DH and I really enjoyed this recipe! As Sheynath says it is not low-fat but I did use light sour cream and mushroom soup to lighten it up a little. I also halved the recipe since there were just the two of eating dinner. This would be a great recipe for company as it looks like you spent all day cooking it! I served it over rice with sauteed zucchini and carrots and a caesar salad. Thanks for posting!