Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great with rice pilaf and broccoli!
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coat chicken breasts with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown the coated chicken in 1/4 cup of butter or margarine. Add the water, cover and let simmer covered for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- When chicken breasts are done simmering, remove from the skillet and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish; save drippings. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and half-and-half. M.
- ix together and stir mixture into reserved drippings in skillet. Bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add mushrooms and lemon juice and stir together. Pour sauce over chicken and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3-5 minutes more until cheese melts.
Seriously good chicken. The cream sauce really lit up with the lemon juice. Thanks.
Great recipe! Easy to make and a great taste. My family has declared that I should make it once a week!
This is absolutely awesome!! I didn't have the chicken breasts, so subbed with legs/thighs, and it worked out just great. I also used smoked paprika. Thanks for sharing!