Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is so tasty that every time I bring it to a party, people always ask for the recipe and I end up scribbling it on napkins. Now I can just tell them to visit recipe zaar! NOT your typical quacamole dip! The prep time on this is high because of the chopping involved, but really it just takes seconds to throw it together. This dip can be prepared up to 5 hours ahead, but garnishes should be added at the last minute- (chopped before hand and stored individualy in the fridge). I prefer the toppings mixed together around the top because the flavors mix better, but the way it was taught to me was to do the fancier topping rings as stated below. ENJOY!
- 4 ripe Hass avocadoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Mash the avacados and lime juice in a bowl, season with the salt.
- Place Avacado mash on a round or oval platter and smooth out in an even layer.
- Stir the sourcream, mayo, and dip mix together in a bowl.
- Spread ranch mix over the avacados, being sure to cover them completely.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for one to five hours.
- Prepare toppings and set aside (or in the fridge) until just before ready to serve.
- Take Platter out of the fridge, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with toppings. (If you want to make it look more elegant, you can do progressive rings of toppings, starting with the tomatoes on the outside edge and getting progressively smaller with scallions, cheese, olives, jalapenos, and then cilantro).
Yum! I actually quartered this recipe to make a dip just for myself. I loved it and served it with Quick Portobello Fajitas. Thank you for a lovely, easy, quick dip that I will make again!