Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on the web and posted at the request of a member
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced onions or 2 tablespoons scallions or 2 tablespoons shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1⁄4 cup minced dill pickles or 1⁄4 cup gherkins or 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 hardboiled egg, yolks mashed,whites chopped
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Mix well and chill well before using.
This is very delicious tartar sauce with perfect seasoning. I served the sauce with beer battered halibut and it was excellent together. I cut the recipe down to serve 4 but added a whole chopped boiled egg and it was outstanding. Thanks Millie for posting this recipe!