Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- Beat eggs in medium sized bowl.
- aAdd risotto (be gentle don't mash up the rice).
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of rice into your cupped hand OR keep in it that spoon and grab another tablespoon to get the other side.
- Place one cube of cheese in the middle of the risotto.
- Place another tablespoon of risotto on top of cheese and pat into a ball (OR put two spoons together and seal edges).
- Roll ball in bread crumbs and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat until mixture and cheese is gone.
- Refrigerate for up to half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Fry no more then 5 at a time for about 5 minutes or until they are a light brown and crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted.
- Take a casserole dish, line with paper towels - place balls on towels to drain and keep warm in oven for up to 10 minutes if needed.
Very nice recipe! They went over well at our picnic. Next time I'm only going to add 1 egg...a little too eggy for me. But other than that, these were delicious! I found the little mozzarella balls, that were marinated, and used those. I ended up getting about 12 Suppli's, that were a very nice size ball.
These are wonderful I normally make them with tomato risotto(like my arancini recipe) but this time used yours as a base and the risotto was a wonderful lemon parmesan. A terrific comfort food