Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Foods of the World: The Cooking of Italy - Time life. Any other "soft cheese" will work well instead or mixed in with the mozzarella - consider if you wouldn't melt it to make a dip - don't put it in these. *note* suggested Risotto Recipes - Risotto or Magnificent 1st Prize Risotto.
Top Review by Trixyinaz
Very nice recipe! They went over well at our picnic. Next time I'm only going to add 1 egg...a little too eggy for me. But other than that, these were delicious! I found the little mozzarella balls, that were marinated, and used those. I ended up getting about 12 Suppli's, that were a very nice size ball.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in medium sized bowl.
- aAdd risotto (be gentle don't mash up the rice).
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of rice into your cupped hand OR keep in it that spoon and grab another tablespoon to get the other side.
- Place one cube of cheese in the middle of the risotto.
- Place another tablespoon of risotto on top of cheese and pat into a ball (OR put two spoons together and seal edges).
- Roll ball in bread crumbs and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat until mixture and cheese is gone.
- Refrigerate for up to half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Fry no more then 5 at a time for about 5 minutes or until they are a light brown and crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted.
- Take a casserole dish, line with paper towels - place balls on towels to drain and keep warm in oven for up to 10 minutes if needed.