Recipe by Sharon123
To keep your hands and feet soft and supple, use this! Lemons and limes are a great source of natural fruit acids that dissolve dry skin and sugar is an excellent exfoiator. This recipe comes from Suzi Weiss-Fischman, OPI executive vice president and artistic director, via from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. The scrub is similar to their OPI Tropical Citrus Scrub.
Top Review by realbirdlady
Very nice, some scrubbing from the sugar, and moisturizing from the oil. I just let the scent of the lemon stand on its own. The sugar is a convenient abrasive, since you can rinse and let it run down the drain without clogging.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil (or safflower oil or olive oil)
- 2 -3 drops essential oils (or perfume-use your favorite for a nice smell you enjoy)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (or lime)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, oil, and oil of your choice in a small bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon or lime juice into the mixture just before you are ready to use. Citrus, if left too long, will melt the sugar crystals.
- Stir, then rub mixture onto hands and feet, paying close attention to dry spots.
- Rinse, then follow with a moisturizer. Enjoy!