Recipe by KittyKitty
My husband loves any type of greens. So I make this for him, he loves it. It's really simple.
Top Review by misdanrs
Very good! I'm trying to eat more greens and find that they are okay... but this recipe was tasty. I don't eat pork so I used turkey bacon. I left the red pepper out because my husband doesn't like spicy but I sprinkled a bit on my portion.
- 1 (1 lb) packagefresh turnip greens
- 4 cups water
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard tems from greens. I do this by rollin up leaves, from stem to tip, and slicing along each side of the stem. Coarsely chop leaves.
- Bring 4 cups water and bacon slice to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add greens, seasoned salt, and remining ingredients. Cook over medium heat 35 to 45 minutes or until tender.