1/4 Photos of Suppertime Sausage Bake
1 hr 5 mins
This delicious breakfast-style casserole is hearty and savory enough to serve anytime of the day. Recipe is from Carnation. Note: For just the 4 of us, I usually halve this recipe and bake in a 9x9 baking dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only, sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9 slices Italian bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes) or 9 slices French bread, cubed (cut into 1/2-inch cubes, total of 8 cups cubed)
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F; grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2Combine milk, eggs, sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and garlic powder in large bowl.
- 3Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread.
- 4Pour mixture into baking dish.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- 6Serve warm.
- 7TIPS: Substitute pre-cooked, sliced sausage links for bulk pork sausage to save time.
- 8Substitute multi-grain bread for Italian or French bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Suppertime Sausage Bake
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.1
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 257.4 mg
- Sodium 415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 29.1 g