Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A different type of supper that the kids can "pick up and go with"! I like mine dipped in catsup or served with pizza sauce on the side and topped with a slice of mozzarella.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 4 -6 small Italian bread, loaves about or 1⁄2 loaf Italian bread, sliced lengthwise
- Mix all together except the bread.
- Cut small loaves in half lengthwise.
- Mound beef mixture on top of each loaf.
- Wrap BREAD ONLY in foil leaving meat uncovered.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 for 35 minutes.
Well, now, this was a very good, light lunch to serve. We loved all of the gooey cheese and onion flavor. I used only the bottom of a loaf of Italian bread. Thanks for sharing this very good recipe, Laurie.