Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy, tasty dish for dinner or as an appetizer at a party.
Make and share this Supper Nachos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 32 ounces refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chunky taco sauce or 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- sliced black olives
- Brown meat and onion; drain well.
- Add seasoned salt and cumin.
- Combine beans, taco seasoning mix and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Spread beans in a shallow baking dish (9x13); cover with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle chilies over meat; scatter with crushed tortilla chips; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Pour taco sauce (or salsa) over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish as desired.
Very similar to a favorite layered bean dip we often make, and we enjoyed it just as much. The layer of chips inside softens and blends into the casserole, so we found it appropriate to serve it with additional fresh chips to scoop, as well as avocado slices and sour cream.
Very addicting nachos! Topped with sour cream, sliced black olives and avocado dip (Avocado Dip). Served with additional chips for scooping. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.