Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Pop it in the oven, and take a break, Easy, Delicious and no mess!! Add a few mushrooms or other veggies as you like.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck steaks, 1/2 inch thick,trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Place aluminum foil in baking pan.
- Place meat on foil.
- Stir together soups and water, spread on meat.
- Top with veggies.
- Fold foil over and seal securely.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours in a 350f degree oven.
This recipe is great,very easy to do,good to make when you are very busy. I didn't add the Jalapeno as My DH doesn't care for them.Thanks Dorothy for posting the recipe.
I have this same recipe from my 1973 Betty Crocker cookbook. The only difference is mine doesn't call for the Jalapeno pepper. We all thought this was a good recipe and the gravy is very tasty too.
This gets a 5* review for sure! The soups made a fantastic gravy, the vegetables still had tons of their own flavor, and the meat was so tender we didn't need a knife to cut it! I did want to mention that I used round steak in place of the chuck steak, but aside from that I made it exactly as written and would not change a thing. Thanks so much for posting your recipe, it is a true winner :)