Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
The addition of black beans makes this a hearty dish for supper or anytime. This is nicely spiced, but not overly hot.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄4 cups medium-hot salsa (about 12 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 -6 flour tortillas, warmed
- In a 10 inch skillet, mix black beans, salsa and water.
- Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring often.
- Break eggs one at a time and slip gently into skillet on top of the bean mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover skillet and simmer 5 minutes or until egg whites are firm and yolks are cooked to desired firmness.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and serve with warm flour tortillas.
We absolutely love this dish! It's quick, easy and the ingredients are ones I always have on hand. Thanks for sharing.
I made this for a hearty breakfast. The salsa I used (plus the Tabasco green pepper sauce) added a little too much heat, but it tasted delicious! I minced some cilantro and sprinkled it on the top. If I make it this spicy again, I'll want to add a dollop of sour cream. Otherwise, I'll chill it out and it'll be perfect! Very easy. Thanks!
This turned out very deliciously! We've made Huevos Rancheros before but never tried boiling the beans/salsa before and then sliding on the egg...We love it this way (and with cayenne pepper for even more spice), thanks for posting!