Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Filled with more stuff than a thrift store, this dense, slightly sweet whole-grain quickbread is low in added fat and incorporates the goodness of chia, tofu, flax, fruit, veggies and good ol' Californian walnuts!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 300 g soft tofu or 300 g silken tofu
- 1 small banana
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml stevia, baking blend (I used Krisda)
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 236.59 ml barley flour
- 236.59 ml oat flour
- 29.58 ml chia powder
- 44.37 ml ground flax seeds
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9x5" pan.
- Shred one of the zucchini and set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the second zucchini, tofu, banana, brown sugar, stevia, oil, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add the cocoa and puree inches.
- Add the flours, chia, flax, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg, and run the machine just to combine.
- Pulse in the shredded zucchini, walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
- Spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes on the middle rack, then move to the bottom rack and bake a further 20-25 minutes, until tests done.
- Cool in the pan for 40 minutes before turning out.