1/2 Photos of Superpower Loaf
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Filled with more stuff than a thrift store, this dense, slightly sweet whole-grain quickbread is low in added fat and incorporates the goodness of chia, tofu, flax, fruit, veggies and good ol' Californian walnuts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium zucchini
- 300 g soft tofu or 300 g silken tofu
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons stevia, baking blend (I used Krisda)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons chia powder
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9x5" pan.
- 2Shred one of the zucchini and set aside.
- 3In a food processor, puree the second zucchini, tofu, banana, brown sugar, stevia, oil, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 4Add the cocoa and puree inches.
- 5Add the flours, chia, flax, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg, and run the machine just to combine.
- 6Pulse in the shredded zucchini, walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
- 7Spread evenly in the pan.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes on the middle rack, then move to the bottom rack and bake a further 20-25 minutes, until tests done.
- 9Cool in the pan for 40 minutes before turning out.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Superpower Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 363.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: