Recipe by YummySmellsca
Filled with more stuff than a thrift store, this dense, slightly sweet whole-grain quickbread is low in added fat and incorporates the goodness of chia, tofu, flax, fruit, veggies and good ol' Californian walnuts!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 300 g soft tofu or 300 g silken tofu
- 1 small banana
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons stevia, baking blend (I used Krisda)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons chia powder
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9x5" pan.
- Shred one of the zucchini and set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the second zucchini, tofu, banana, brown sugar, stevia, oil, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add the cocoa and puree inches.
- Add the flours, chia, flax, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg, and run the machine just to combine.
- Pulse in the shredded zucchini, walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
- Spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes on the middle rack, then move to the bottom rack and bake a further 20-25 minutes, until tests done.
- Cool in the pan for 40 minutes before turning out.