Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Originally came from the book "Superman, Serial to Cereal" by Gary Grossman. The recipe is based on the TV Series The Adventures of Superman, starring George Reeves.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated sweet chocolate
- 1 cup corn flakes
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Blend in beaten egg.
- Blend in flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add soda dissolved in a tablespoon hot water.
- Add grated chocolate and corn flakes.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and cool on cake rack.