Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the first recipe I've ever submitted, so hope you like it! It is a wonderful and ridiculously easy pasta recipe. You can add more garlic, and serve it with garlic bread for the garlic lovers like me!
- 100 g bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 (383 g) can cream (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 can sliced mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 kg spaghetti noodles
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Fry bacon until golden.
- Set aside.
- Saute garlic in bacon grease until slightly browned.
- Add parsley and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in cream and mushrooms.
- Stir until heated through.
- Add in half of the bacon.
- Toss in cooked noodles.
- Top with the rest of the bacon and parmesan cheese.
Very quick and tasty, just the thing for a cold winters night (well it's winter tomorrow!). Had this over penne pasta, with a chardonnay. Used fresh mushrooms and a bit more garlic. Yum, yum.
Even my teenage son liked it! he is very picky and he absolutely loved it,my whole family enjoyed it ,I am not what you call a cook and it was very easy to make.
The minute I saw the name of this recipe I knew we would love it and I was right. The combination of ingredients was perfect for my family. So easy to prepare and disappeared so quickly - a total vanishing act. I followed the recipe without any alterations and I wouldn't make any, it was great. I'm only sorry there aren't any leftovers. Thanks for posting this winner.