Recipe by Ambervim
These make a lovely snack or a quick surprise dessert. Keep some on hand at all times. They will keep virtually forever since they are so pickled.
- 1 lb demerara sugar (white if you must)
- 4 fluid ounces cold coffee
- 1 lb prune, stoned
- 16 ounces Kahlua or 16 ounces Creme de Cacao
- 4 ounces vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sugar and coffee into a medium heavy-based pan. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the prunes and simmer gently for a further 40 minutes. Remove the prunes with a slotted spoon and put into sterilized jars.
- Mix together the Kahlua or Creme de Cacao and vodka and half fill the jars.
- Cover with the syrup and seal the jars.