Recipe by caitlin.t
A protein-packed and nutrient-rich dinner salad with baby kale, quinoa, hazelnuts, dried cranberries, chicken, and a creamy avocado dressing.
- 1 cup packed baby kale
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs, soft boiled and halved
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place kale, spinach, quinoa, hazelnuts, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and pepitas in a large bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 avocado, yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, vinegar and mustard until creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add desired amount of avocado dressing to the salad mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Divide the salad between two plates. Top with sliced chicken breast, avocado slices, soft-boiled eggs and goat cheese. Don't forget to crack on some fresh ground pepper! Enjoy :).