Recipe by Oenophilly
My absolute favorite smoothie - banana, kiwi, mango, peach, and clementine! When fresh fruit is in season, I like to play around with different combinations, but this is the one that I make the most. Not only does it taste absolutely amazing, but it is loaded with natural nutrition too; Vitamins B & C, potassium, dietary fiber, omega-3 F.A.s, antioxidants, calcium...much more wholesome (and yummier!) than a vitamin pill in my opinion. And because of the fiber and protein, it is filling enough to be a hearty snack or a meal substitute. Before you get too excited, a quick word of warning about the kiwi - if you eat too much at once it can make your mouth feel tingly and raw (yes... I've had this happen. I can't help myself!) I hope you like this smoothie as much as I do! :)
- 6 -7 ice cubes
- 4 ounces yellow cling peaches or 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 bananas, frozen, peeled, and sliced
- 1 kiwi, cut in half and peeled
- 1 mangoes, peeled and diced or 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 clementines (pick one that isn't acidic or sour) or 1 small orange, juiced (pick one that isn't acidic or sour)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt (without artificial sweeteners)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ice cubes into blender and crush thoroughly.
- Tips - I use my food processor for better results. Store bought ice will also crush better (smaller bits) since it is not as dense and has more cracks than homemade ice.
- Drain out most of the liquid from the peaches and then add then to the blender (obviously leave in more of the syrup if you want it sweeter).
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Add a small amount of honey, sugar, or vanilla extract if it is not sweet enough for you (especially if your fruit wasn't fully ripened).