Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From SuperfoodsRX Diet book
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (peeled first)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (peeled first)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb very firm tofu, drained well and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Blend well.
- Place tofu, mushrooms and bell pepper in a bowl. Add the marinade you made in Step 1. Stir gently to coat veges well. Chill at least 1 hour, but use within 3 days.
- To serve, placed lettuce leaves on chilled serving plates. Top them evenly with salad. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
I liked all the Asian flavors in this salad. The mushrooms were a nice touch. Overall, I enjoyed the dish! Thanks!