Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband started on 3rd shift again and I wanted to freeze smoothies for him to take to work. To make it more nutritious, I add these powders to his smoothies. I add 1/4 cup of powder mix per serving. Altogether, it should make a 2 cup serving. Maca root balances the endocrine system and gives you energy.
- 8 tablespoons grassfed beef gelatin
- 4 tablespoons maca (root powder)
- 8 tablespoons spirulina powder (or other green foods powder)
- 8 tablespoons alfalfa, powder
- 4 tablespoons matcha tea (powder)
- 2 cups ground flax seed meal (preferably all 3) or 2 cups chia seeds (preferably all 3) or 2 cups oat bran (preferably all 3)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly, with a wire whisk.
- When making your single serve smoothie, add 1/4 cup of the mix. The total amount of the smoothie should preferably make 2 cups.