Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This looks both super healthy and super tasty. I am always in the need of healthy recipes so when I saw it in a back issue of Olive magazine I decided to put it here for safe keeping.
- 4 small beetroots, raw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small sticks
- 7 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 7 ounces couscous
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped, save some leaves for decoration
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the beetroot with 1 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, then peel and cut into cubes.
- Steam the carrots and broccoli until just tender, about 4 minutes, then refresh in very cold water and drain.
- Put the couscous in a large bowl and pour over 5 fluid ounces boiling water.
- Cover for 10 minutes then fluff up with a fork.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and season.
- Put the couscous into a serving dish, sit the vegetables on top and pour over the dressing.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parsley and serve.