1/2 Photos of Superfood Peanut Butter N' Cookies Fudge
8 hrs 15 mins
A bit less of a devil's food than your standard, sugar-packed C&C, but still decadent and sweet! Maca powder is an ancient Peruvian energy booster and contains significant amounts of amino acids, carbohydrates, and minerals including calcium, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium, and iron. It's also packed with the vitamins B1, B2, B12, C and E. It's an adaptogen as well - supporting the body's defenses against both physical and mental weakness (including stress!) by aiding adrenal and pituitary gland health. The beans provide creaminess and a ton of blood-sugar controlling fibre, potassium, calcium, iron, folate and vitamins A and C.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup maca, powder
- 1/4 cup peanut powder or 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 ounces vegan white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 ounce vegan butter or 1/2 ounce refined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups very well-cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons amber agave nectar
- 2 (1 g) packets vanilla flavoured stevia
- 2 (1 g) packets caramel flavoured stevia
- 1/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 10 small chocolate wafer cookies (I used my Kamut® Cookies for Creme)
- fine sea salt, and to sprinkle or raw sugar, to sprinkle
- 1NB: Skip the first step if using roasted / gelatinized maca powder.
- 2In a large, dry frying pan over medium high heat, toast the maca powder and ground almonds if using (stirring constantly) until the mixture is a "toasty" brown colour and the bitter/sour smell of the maca becomes almost butterscotchy - about 8-10 minutes.
- 3Immediately pour into a bowl and cool completely. Stir in the peanut flour if using this instead of the almonds.
- 4Combine the chocolate and butter in a small bowl and melt gently in the microwave. Set aside.
- 5In a food processor, puree the beans with the agave nectar and stevia until very smooth.
- 6Add the chocolate mixture, maca and ground almonds and puree inches
- 7Add the peanut butter and process in until completely smooth.
- 8Pulse in the cookies until combined but still chunky.
- 9Line an 8x5" loaf pan with clingwrap and evenly press in the fudge. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- 10Chill 1 hour, uncovered, then press a layer of plastic onto of the surface and keep in the fridge.
- 11This tastes better if you chill it overnight and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Superfood Peanut Butter N' Cookies Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 20.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 30.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate wafer cookies