Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The original recipe is at http://ahealthylifeforme.com/2014/03/24/oatmeal-superfood-breakfast-bars/. I changed it to make it less grain and add some more superfood ingredients. It turned out delicious! I used frozen Wyler's wild blueberries (thawed).
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax seeds (or a combo of both) or 1⁄2 cup chia seeds (or a combo of both)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds or 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maca, powder
- 1 tablespoon grassfed beef gelatin powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 bananas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk or 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon stevia powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper, lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Add all base ingredients to a food processor and process until completely combined and wet, this make take several minutes. Alternatively, you can grind all dry ingredients in processor, then add to the wet, mashed, ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out until evenly spread.
- Topping: Combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove pan from oven and spread topping evenly over, lightly pressing down into base. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.