Little Old Me's Note:
Delicious twist to traditional ziti, it is mild enough that even the kids love it. I am always asked for the recipie when this is served! Excellent served with garlic or fresh italian bread and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g package ziti pasta (about 6 cups)
- 907.18 g country sausage links or 907.18 g Italian sausage
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 35.43 g envelope dry onion soup mix
- 473.18-709.77 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink inside.
- 2Slice and return to skillet.
- 3Add mushrooms, green peppers, basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- 4Cook over med-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and onion soup.
- 6Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- 7Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile you can cook ziti according to package directions.
- 9Toss hot pasta with sauce.
- 10Sprinkle with either mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Superb Sausage Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 1182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.2 g