Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious twist to traditional ziti, it is mild enough that even the kids love it. I am always asked for the recipie when this is served! Excellent served with garlic or fresh italian bread and salad.
- 453.59 g package ziti pasta (about 6 cups)
- 907.18 g country sausage links or 907.18 g Italian sausage
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 35.43 g envelope dry onion soup mix
- 473.18-709.77 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink inside.
- Slice and return to skillet.
- Add mushrooms, green peppers, basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- Cook over med-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and onion soup.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can cook ziti according to package directions.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce.
- Sprinkle with either mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.