Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious twist to traditional ziti, it is mild enough that even the kids love it. I am always asked for the recipie when this is served! Excellent served with garlic or fresh italian bread and salad.
- 453.59 g package ziti pasta (about 6 cups)
- 907.18 g country sausage links or 907.18 g Italian sausage
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 35.43 g envelope dry onion soup mix
- 473.18-709.77 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink inside.
- Slice and return to skillet.
- Add mushrooms, green peppers, basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- Cook over med-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and onion soup.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can cook ziti according to package directions.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce.
- Sprinkle with either mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
Loved this dish. I cut back the portions to 4 (side) servings, using 5-6 oz of pasta with only about 4 oz of meat. Ended up sub'ng pepperoni for the sausage. The only thing I wasn't sure on is the garlic seasoning, ingredients said to use garlic salt & instructions said garlic powder... I chose the powder & it worked. Quick, easy & tasty, thanks for sharing.
This was OK. It tasted better before the onion soup mix was added.
This was a really good dinner and it made A LOT!! Which is good if you have three teens like I do, there was even some left over! Which never happens in my house. Thank you for a great new dinner.