Little Old Me's Note:
Delicious twist to traditional ziti, it is mild enough that even the kids love it. I am always asked for the recipie when this is served! Excellent served with garlic or fresh italian bread and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta (about 6 cups)
- 2 lbs country sausage links or 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 -3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink inside.
- 2Slice and return to skillet.
- 3Add mushrooms, green peppers, basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- 4Cook over med-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and onion soup.
- 6Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- 7Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile you can cook ziti according to package directions.
- 9Toss hot pasta with sauce.
- 10Sprinkle with either mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Superb Sausage Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 1182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.2 g