Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can salmon, drained, flaked (14-3/4 oz.)
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 4" x 8" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine together salmon, egg, bread cubes, and powder milk, mix until completely combined.
- Add in bell pepper, onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, dried basil, parsley, dry mustard, and celery seed.
- Mix until thoroughly together.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Press in pan gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour, or until to p of loaf is golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then remove loaf to a serving plate.
This had a wonderful flavor, very easy to make. It reminded me very much of the salmon loaf that my grandma used to make way back when. I tried it with the hollandaise sauce like one of the other reviewers suggested and mmm, VERY tasty. I will save this recipe to my cookbook!
this is a terrific recipe. i bumped up the amount of ingredients because i had about 21 oz. of canned salmon to use. everyone loved this. i served it with sauted polenta and roasted veggies. thanks- great recipe.
This is a great recipe! Try serving with hollandaise sauce.