Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a good basic bread machine recipe for rye bread. I don't remember where I got it, but it's one I make all the time.
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (I use the gruanulated type)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (I use kosher salt)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature and add to bread machine baking pan, in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic setting (I use basic setting, medium size, light crust) and push Start.
This was my first attempt at bread machining- DELICIOUS. The only thing I did differently was not adding caraway seeds.
Great bread. Made it twice no caraway though. We are into rye so the first time used 1-3/4 rye and 2 of bread flour. Worked out very well. The second time used wheat flour instead of bread and it came out great. Baked both in the bread machine on medium crust. Next time will try second combination on dark crust. Thank you for an excellent recipe.
Very good recipe indeed. i'm still learning how to usetebread maker and this site is very helpful in getting it right - perfect tasting bread :-)