Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe came from one of my customers, Orpha Garriok-Hunter, and she got it from a friend of hers. The flavour of these cookies is almost butterscotch and "WOW", they are good! Hard to keep them in the cookie jar!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats, generous
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup melted margarine
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add the melted margarine (use margarine that comes in a TUB), DO NOT USE BUTTER; and make sure that you use ONLY 7/8 of a cup.
- Drop by small tablespoons onto UNGREASED cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes at 350°F Watch them!
I don't know why, but when I tried to take them off the cookie sheet they wrinkled up! They still tasted OK, but they don't present as well as I expected. Is it missing eggs?
Hello Winnie....Sorry that I didn't respond faster. You may want to add a little more of the rolled oats. This recipe is sort of a "test" of your measuring skills. The first few times that I made them..they didn't turn out either. Just experiment with the recipe. Good luck with your next attempt. They are worth the effort!