Recipe by amanda l b
My friend Katrina gave me this recipe. It's so, so easy and so very delicious (and just a bit decadent!). I tried lots of flourless chocolate cake recipes before finding this - it's definitely the best! The cake has a tendency to sink a little once it cools - don't worry - that just makes it nice and fudgy in the middle!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (or Cointreau)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 300 ml light cream
- 200 g strawberries (to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at moderate temperature (180C/350F).
- Grease a 23 cm round cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until creamy - about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate by microwaving it according to instructions (about 2 minutes on low setting - checking and stirring frequently) or by boiling a pot of water, removing it from the heat, and then placing the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and putting it over the pot of boiling water, stirring until the chocolate melts (make sure the chocolate bowl does not touch the boiling water in the pot).
- When the chocolate has melted, add it to the egg and sugar mixture and mix together.
- Add the Grand Marnier and cinnamon to the mix and stir.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin, and bake for one hour, or until an inserted metal skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack when cool.
- Serve with strawberries.