More stuff that came out of my fridge, to make yummy vegetarian fried rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First of all, I do this by eye, so if it seems too oily, don't add so much sesame oil! I use a wok to cook this. and 2-3 day old rice is best.
- 2Start with some sesame oil in the pan (maybe about 2 tsp), crack the egg in and scramble until mostly cooked over medium heat.
- 3Turn heat up a bit (but not all the way, the oil will burn the garlic), throw in the ginger, garlic, onion, green onion, and leek, stir fry until the onion stuff starts to brown.
- 4Push that mixture to the side, add a tablespoon of oil to cleared side of wok, and add the bean sprouts, carrot, and cooked rice and peas into the oil and mix everything together over medium heat.
- 5If the rice looks too dry, add a tablespoon more oil. You want the rice to have a sort of golden color. Once it looks like that, turn the heat up a bit, and spritz the mess with soy sauce, and stir it around a bit, and then you are done!
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Yummy Vegetarian Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 13.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: