Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
More stuff that came out of my fridge, to make yummy vegetarian fried rice!
Make and share this Super Yummy Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon leek, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 10 -20 bean sprouts
- 1 quart cooked long-grain rice, unclump
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- tamari soy sauce, to taste
- First of all, I do this by eye, so if it seems too oily, don't add so much sesame oil! I use a wok to cook this. and 2-3 day old rice is best.
- Start with some sesame oil in the pan (maybe about 2 tsp), crack the egg in and scramble until mostly cooked over medium heat.
- Turn heat up a bit (but not all the way, the oil will burn the garlic), throw in the ginger, garlic, onion, green onion, and leek, stir fry until the onion stuff starts to brown.
- Push that mixture to the side, add a tablespoon of oil to cleared side of wok, and add the bean sprouts, carrot, and cooked rice and peas into the oil and mix everything together over medium heat.
- If the rice looks too dry, add a tablespoon more oil. You want the rice to have a sort of golden color. Once it looks like that, turn the heat up a bit, and spritz the mess with soy sauce, and stir it around a bit, and then you are done!