Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe while browsing for roast recipes the other day. This delicious and EASY recipe had my family asking for THIRDS!
- 2 -3 lbs top round roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola (or cherry cola)
- 4 -6 medium sized potatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton golden onion soup mix
- Pound the heck out of (or stab, as I did) the roast. Place unseasoned roast in deep baking dish.
- Quarter potatoes and place all around roast (do not peel).
- Sprinkle golden onion soup mix all over roast and potatoes.
- Add cola and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours. Let sit 15 mins before slicing (against the grain). Spoon juices from pan over slices of beef.
Amazing! I used the regular 1oz. package of onion soup mix and cherry cola, it was great. I would recomend some salt and pepper, we added some at the table.
I prepared this exactly as written. It is in dire need of seasoning, something. As written it is boring at best. Since I wasn't making this to eat the same night, I had the luxury of tweaking it the next day. I added homemade roasted chili peppers (from a farmer's market) and reheated. Now it is very yummy and when served with warm tortillas it will certainly please my daughter and her boyfriend!
My family loved this..So tonight I'm trying with a pork tenderloin...made my on Lipton's Onion Soup Mix and changed the beef cubes to pork ...