Recipe by loveleesmile
Easy, yummy and good for you too!From Food Network. These are a little time consuming, but only the chopping)so do not be discouraged, it is SO worth it! These are delicious.
- 1⁄4 lb rice stick noodles
- 1⁄2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
- 12 -16 sheets rice paper
Ginger Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vietnamese chili paste
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed roughly chopped cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed roughly chopped mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice noodles in a large pot of boiling water, stir. Add shrimp. Cook until noodles are al dente and shrimp is just cooked, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Lift out the shrimp, set aside to cool. Drain and rinse noodles.
- When shrimp is cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces. Place in a non-reactive salad bowl with noodles, carrots, cabbage, mint and cilantro. Toss to combine, Or what i prefer to do is make little piles of each ingredient and assemble( they look prettier this way!).
- To prepare rice paper wrappers: Fill a large pan or bowl with hot tap water. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper into water, lift out, and drain briefly. Set on a flat surface.
- To assemble salad rolls: Place 1/2 cup filling in the center of each wrapper. To roll salad rolls, think diapering a baby the old fashioned way - with cloth diapers minus the diaper pins! Pressing down on filling, fold the bottom of each wrapper over filling, then fold in sides; roll tightly. Press edges to seal; if rice paper is too dry to form a proper seal, moisten unsealed edges with a little water. Set rolls on a platter and cover with a damp towel.
- To serve, cut rolls crosswise in 1/2; stand pieces upright. Dip in Ginger Lime Dipping Sauce.
- For the sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in small non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings.