1/1 Photo of Super Yummy Peppermint Bark
1 hr 15 mins
Delicia T's Note:
This recipe is a modified version of the Williams Sonoma copykats out there. I've tweaked it because, living in Canada, I can't do the imperial to metric switch off the top of my head.. and like most chocolate confections, I needed to add a few changes, IMHO, to make this recipe closer to the real thing. Here's my version, would be glad to hear your thoughts :) BTW, I choose wafers (the ones that you can get from the bulk section at Superstore) because it's easier to melt. My only advice is when it comes to chocolate is not to get anything too rich or too sweet (aka Lindt) because the sweetness will overpower the delicate mint flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dark chocolate wafers
- 4 cups white chocolate wafers
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy (crushed)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Heat oven to 250F degrees.
- 2Take a 9 x 13 baking sheet, line with foil, then coat with non stick spray.
- 3Pour dark chocolate wafers onto sheet and bake in the oven for five minutes or until slightly melted.
- 4Using an offset spatula, smooth out chocolate into an even layer.
- 5Refrigerate for at least a half an hour.
- 6Crush your peppermint candies, if you had not already done so. I state a generous half a cup as mine resembled a heaping cup of pre-crushed candies. Here I used a pestle and mortar, but I've heard using coffee bean grinders work just as well.
- 7Melt your white chocolate. I don't have a double broiler, so I modify this by using a small (or medium) glass mixing bowl affixed on top of a pot filled with an inch of water, just slightly below boiling. As long as the bowl doesn't touch the bottom of the pan, it'll work. Keep stirring until the white chocolate is smooth in consistency.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract. We let the white chocolate cool slightly to prevent it from melting the dark.
- 9Working quickly, spread the peppermint white chocolate mixture on top of the dark chocolate.
- 10Top with the crushed peppermints and refrigerate for another half hour.
- 11Separate with a knife, serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Yummy Peppermint Bark
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate wafers
white chocolate wafers