Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so easy and such a hit with kids! Compliments vegetables, chicken and tofu. I prefer to make this with crunchy peanut butter and whole wheat spaghetti. If you prefer more heat add more grated ginger or hot red pepper flakes to taste. I sometimes make an asian sauce on the side using the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Also powdered spices can be substituted. For very small children this can be made with simply peanut butter and water - they'll love it!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Place the other ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir hot peanut sauce with a fork until combined and glossy - aboout 1-2 minutes and if necessary thin with more water.
- Combine with hot pasta and serve.
This was a tasty version of peanut noodles but next time will add more ginger and garlic. I had to add more liquid too to get a smoother consistency.My children enjoyed it. I made for Spring PAC 2010, thanks!