Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are delicious little gems, even my boyfriend who detests low fat foods loves them! I'm extremely health conscious so these are perfect with almost no fat, and are super healthy because of the bran. They turn out super moist and delicious and reheat well in the microwave. You can substitute whole wheat flour for white if you wish and they will still be delicious. Adding raisins make them tasty too. Got this one off of the Kraft website.
- 1 cup white flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-bran cereal (all bran is my preference)
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together bran cereal, brown sugar and milk and let sit for 5 minute After you've let the cereal milk sugar mixture set
- add the applesauce and the egg, mix throughly.
- Mix the wet ingredients into dry, batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into butter sprayed muffin pan.
- bake for 8 to 12 minute.
Awesome, my whole family loves them. I make them almost weekly. I have used all bran, bran flakes, wheat germ and oat bran and they turn out great every time. Also have added raspberries on occasion. I have passed this recipe along to many people!
These are a yummy, healthy muffin. I altered the recipe a bit: I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, added 2 tsp baking powder, used 2 cups unprocessed bran, 1/4 cup brown sugar, added 1/2 cup raisins, and left the rest of the recipe as-is. They came out really well-the perfect amount of moistness, not too sweet but not tasteless at the same time. Thanks for a great recipe! I will definitely make these again.
These were pretty good for "healthy" muffins. I followed the recipe, but added 1 chopped apple, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts, and an extra 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed them as much if I hadn't added the extras. I had to leave them in for almost 20 min, but maybe that's because of the extras. Thank you for the low fat/high fibre recipe!